Getting pretty excited for Thomas Hirschhorn’s Gramsci Monument over here at the offices of The New York Observer! The project, which is set to run July 1 through Sept. 15 at Forest Houses in the Bronx, will feature a theater, an exhibition space and a restaurant, among other amenities, and now it also has a website: http://www.gramsci-monument.com.
When things go live, the site will have a schedule of events and a streaming radio station. It actually already has a lot of information about the project, including photographs of the artist’s previous Monuments and some handy background information about Gramsci.
Have a look!
- Peter Schjeldahl: Thomas Hirschhorn’s „Gramsci Monument.“ (newyorker.com)
- Thomas Hirschhorn’s ‚Gramsci Monument‘ Opens at Forest Houses in the Bronx (galleristny.com)
- Construction Of New Monument Gives Bronx Residents Sense Of Purpose (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- ‚Thomas Hirschhorn: Gramsci Monument‘ at Forest Houses (galleristny.com)
- The Gramsci Monument (imjustwalkin.com)
- Top Historic Sights to See in NYC (local.answers.com)
- Circle Line Cruises: See New York City by Water (local.answers.com)
- Here’s a Video of Thomas Hirschhorn, Hal Foster and Lisa Lee Having a Great Chat at Artists Space (galleristny.com)
- Bringing Art and Change to Bronx (becomingpoor.wordpress.com)